Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Slow and steady progress

Profit: $31

This blog's just for you, Nick, since you have nothing better to do at work!

University still impedes my rise to poker stardom - just a couple more weeks and then I'm going to have two or three weeks of nothing but poker play. It's starting to become apparent now that I can hold my own in $10 cash rooms. The cards have been average of late but I've been making much better decisions about folding, calling or raising. My combined bankroll now stands at roughly $600. That's 60 buyins on the tables I currently play at so I'm going to start experimenting properly with $25 cash rooms. I'm no stranger to playing in those rooms but I want to make them my stable from now on. So I guess it'll be a mixture of $10 and $25 - just to be on the safe side I think.

Saw a very funny hand this weekend. The board was 9999A with 30c in the pot. One guy went all in for $10, the other player called for his $10. The winner? The rake of course. It actually cost the caller money to share the 30c already in the pot that could only be split. I laughed and then I stacked them :)

No comments: