Sunday, May 06, 2007

Time for some poker...

Profit: $42

...at last.

I got in about 1,000 hands over the bank holiday weekend so far and (as you can see) I've done all right. It could have been better (made a good all in call on the flop with KK which got five-outered) and it could have been worse (I went all in preflop with AA and someone mis-clicked called with 86).

I've been using poker tracker a lot over the past six weeks or so and it's now finally starting to give me some information that I can work with.

Below is a graph of how I do with my starting hands.





It looks pretty good to me. As you can see, after the crazy couple of weeks I had with AAs they have recovered in the past month or so and I've only lost once with the hand. I seem to do strong with high drawing hands too : KJ, Q10 and so on.


The big losers seem to be QQs and AJ (both types). Checking the history of QQs I just seemed to have been outdrawn or in tight spots with it but the AJ I seem to be misplaying or over playing everytime. In the last couple of days I've simply shut down with that hand and not played it at all.


This graph shows where I'm making most of my money.


I murder people with pocket pairs and it seems I know exactly how to play them (except for the queens). Of the $100 profit Poker Tracker has recorded, pocket pairs have netted me $102. I guess I should just stick to them!
When trying to find leaks in my game it seems as though I'm playing too many offsuit connectors so I'm going to fold them more often in future.
Position stats are interesting too. I've made most money from the small blind!? I've made a net profit of $39 from the sb while the dealer button only rakes in $34. I love completing the bet from the SB (vpip is 48%) and it's been a profitable avenue so far so I best keep it up. The BB is showing a -0.08 bb/hand loss while utg is down $24. I need to start playing lockdown poker from 1st position obviously.
In $10 cash rooms my BB/100 hands is +11.42. I find myself asking is that good? I'm really not sure to be honest. I feel as though, while I do make money over the long run, it takes ages and I'm missing opportunities to maximise my profits. I want to perfect my play at this level first before stepping up. Trouble is I've been saying that for the last six months!
There's loads more that Poker Tracker can probably tell me but I'm still trying to get to grips with all the numbers and different abbreviations.
I still use poker tourney tracker too. That's telling me I've made $360 profit so far this year. Not bad but it falls short of my goal of making $1,000 profit this year. Maybe I should enter a WSOP super-ultra-mega satellite.

No comments: