Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Good Week (no swearing)

Profit: $68

I did as I was told (by myself) and had a little break from poker.

I had three days off completely and then returned only to play with some free money. I signed up to VC poker and I got $10 free. I built it up to about $50 and then found my KK running into AA as well as straights being beaten by flushes and the usual guff. I'm back down to $10 but I'm not really classing that as money as it was free and I have been messing around with it. And just to let you know, my all in AAs have been cracked on that site a couple of times too. Nice.

Back in the world of Bodog I've been raking it in again. After a few more days off. I had a couple of mini sessions doubling up in $10 room and then I just finished a monster profit session. I was playing in two wild $10 rooms where nailing sets upwards would stack people. But I couldn't and then made a silly call with AK on the river when the guy had outdrawn me with two pair on the river. Maybe, slightly tiltily, I went into a $25 room. Lost $4 earlier on and was about to quit when I told myself to just play things slowly and calmly and see what happens.

I was dealt 99, someone with 3x the buyin raised to $1, I called. The flop came J9X with two diamonds. The initial raiser put in a bet of $2. I was ready to go to war with him and having seen him bully people around already with an all in when someone put in a big bet I thought I might get him to do the same. I raised to $6 praying he would go all in. I knew I had the best hand I wanted to make sure my money was at least going in with the best hand against a flush draw. He did go all in and I called. He showed KK and no help came on the turn or river. Considering the amount of times my premium hands have been cracked recently (with all the money in pre-flop) it gave me immense satisfaction to know I'd played my pocket pair with far more intelligence and guile.

I then went on to hit a bit of a rush culminating with me flopping quads and having someone bet into me and eventually losing his $10(ish) stack. In the $10 rooms I recovered most of my earlier losses (maybe $4 of the $6) to put me up $40 for the session.

That's more like it!

And I almost forgot to mention, I hit another Royal Flush (didn't get much for it at all) and then walked into a Royal Flush, I just happen to river a full house at the time that ended a pretty juicy freeroll. I guess I should be glad that it was a freebie tourney.

No comments: