Saturday, March 17, 2007

Grindathon

Profit: $12

The last few days have been long, boring and quite frustrating in my poker world. I've logged about ten hours of play and I have made some profit, as you can see, but it just feels to have been really hard work.

Pretty much the moment I finished my last blog I went utterly card dead. I played for hours on end without much at all. I maybe had two or three sessions when I was down $3, $2.7, $1 and so. Then I would make it all back by stacking someone, and then the process began again.

This was all on Bodog and by the end I was making mistakes. I raised AA preflop and got five callers. I made an aggressive bet on the flop, when I got raised I should have known something was up but instead - having played for about 2 hours and just being really bored - I shoved what I had left in. The guy called showing J4 two pair. I'm really starting to hate AAs now. You're obliged to play then but on the flop you rarely know where you stand with them.

In another room I had A7 and the board showed JAJ5J. With some bets on the river I just pushed all in and, sure enough, someone showed quads. I should have just called the bets of course. All I was really doing was losing my stack (like I did) or splitting the pot and handing over more rake to the site.

I moved onto 888 yesterday and did better there. I played in a $25 which was absolutely manic. One guy was simply playing every hand. Every pot was costing a fortune and I missed with two flush draws which cost me about $14. Then I folded Ak on a K10X board. Someone eventually showed a Royal Flush. In the end I managed to get my money back and more by hitting a straight and getting the maniac to pay me off. I didn't enjoy playing in that room though. A lot of it was down to pot luck.

So I haven't played well, I've been bored and the cards have been dry. I should consider the profit a blessing in that case.

No comments: