Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Good Week.

Profit: $108

I've been using the same strategy all week and I think I might be onto a winner with it (how many times has that been said in the world of poker?).

I've been playing on three sites. 888, Sky Poker and Bodog.

888 has been solid if unspectacular. I've had long runs of up to an hour when practically nothing happens. They have 10 player rooms and that's a little too many for my tactic - ideally I need about 6-8 players. I have been able to use Poker Tracker on their though so after a few thousand hands I'll be able to get a good fell of where I'm making all my money. It's definitely not on high pocket pairs. I had QQ, re-raised 6x someone's raise and then four people went allin. I knew I was behind and it was only costing me another $4 to race on a $25 pot. Sure enough someone had the rockets but the guy who eventually won went in with 67.

I tried Sky Poker because the site has launched a TV channel and I suspected with that sort of exposure there would be a lot of fish there. I stuck in £10 and came out with £15 after about three hours' play. There are fish there but the software is terrible - no download, done through web-browser. The play is pedestrian too. On six-handed tables it averages 20 hands an hour. That's shocking.

I would say the majority of my time has been spent at Bodog and that's where most of my money has come from. Again, nothing too spectacular, I just waited for my draws to hit or bet aggressively when I sensed weak players. There was one highlight however. Last night I had AK, raised preflop. One guy went all in for a dollar, my and another guy called. Flop was KKK (I kid you not), the other guy went all in.

One more note with Bodog. It doesn't properly support Poker Tracker and has to rely something dogwatch handgrabber; it records the hand history to use in Poker tracker. It doesn't work properly and crashes often so I'm not getting a chance to really record the Bodog stats. Hope it gets sorted in the near future

Poker Tourney Tracker is working however and the stats for the last week are thus:

Statistics
From 08/03/2007
Net Gains: $ 108.00
Return On Investment: 98.2% (based on $10 buy-ins. I've probably reloaded a couple of dollars five or six times so ROI is probably closer to 85%)
Hours played: 19.8 (that's a bit of a guess - seems far too much considering how busy I've been)
Hourly: $ 5.47

No comments: