Monday, March 24, 2008

Crushing

Profit: $113

This is one of those good posts. A rarity in any poker blogger's journal but inevitable at some stage. I have been crushing the poker tables since my last post.

And, to be fair, I was doing quite well last time I posted too. I just had that one mishap which I chose to moan about.

But since then I can't remember a single suckout of significance. All I seem to have done is either miss my draws and not lose much money or hit my draws and make loads of money. I've flopped quads twice and been paid off, hit sets, flopped two pairs, turned flushes, rivered straights etc, etc, etc. I've not been suffering from second best hand syndrome and stupid Americans continue to ask me why a pro is playing 0.05/0.10 cash rooms on Bodog - I put it in my profile as my occupation and people seem to believe me, unless I'm not giving yanks credit for double sarcasm - and then I stack them.

Yes, I will admit with a small amount of glee and welcome wildly with open arms that I am on a heater at the moment. And it just goes to convince myself that when I do get cards I win lots and lots of money, but when I don't have cards I don't lose much and it takes a lot longer to do it.

I do have words of criticism festering at the tips of my fingers. But you know what? I'm not going to write them down now. Let's not spoil a post in which I can rejoice. I've won ten buyins in a couple of thousand hands and my bankroll has broken the $1k mark. It's good and I congratulate myself on 18 months of poker in which I've learned a lot of strategy and never had to pay a single penny for it. Where I go from here isn't important for this post. This post is where I've come from.

In other news. Yes, you've guessed it. I've gone and done another poker podcast for those boys over at Raise the River. I'm getting more and more involved there but will update on that in another post.

Thanks for reading and I'll try and remember this blog a little more in the future as it's not been getting enough attention.

No comments: