Sunday, August 05, 2007

Need to cleanse the system of bad beats.

Loss: About $15

It's funny how losing makes you play more. When I win I can usually manage only three or four games but I've just had a mauling session of around seven or eight games. Maybe I should rent out Bankroll management for idiots from the library.

I've been playing ok poker over the weekend. Made some great laydowns (such as laying down 77s on a 236 board when I was reraised, other guy showed kings, unraised preflop) and usually getting my money in good. Unfortunately here are some of the highlights of what has been the worst run of beats I can remember.

AA lose to J9 after hefty preflop raise
99s lose to 66s all in preflop
AK loses to AK all in preflop
JJ loses to 1010 preflop
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1336743 - piss off

There's loads more but I can't be arsed finding them. I have been close to card dead throughout the weekend too. There has only been one occasion (today anyway) where I've had chips. I had 6,000 and found my AJ losing to A2 and then, during heads up, this fucker!?
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1336766

On all the other sngs I've played I've not been able to get beyond my starting stack so I've been nursing short stacks and when I've made a stand I've been dominated (77 v JJ or JJ v QQ etc) bricked out on 60/40s (AJ v K10 etc) or pushed with a pair on the flop only to find the other guy hit his top pair.

The cards have been haunting me all weekend, I swear it to you. I reckon I've played well, I really do. I'm sure I've only tilted when I've been crippled in tourneys so the damage has already been done. The problem is when the cards are like this is can't help but affect your confidence and mine has been hit. Every time I start to feel good about my game and consider moving up the stakes a little bit I get hit by a setback like this.

I'm just so glad I'm playing sit an gos at the moment because I could have quite easily of lost $50+ dollars in cash rooms this weekend. I definitely would have gone on tilt. But, despite the mother of all bad beats days I'm only walking away a fraction down on the profit I've made on sngs since I started them three weeks ago.

Poker is a grinding bitch of suckout dredge again and I hate it when it's like this. I'm on a run of only three cashes (all of them 2nds) in 13 games and Sharkscope now seems to think I'm on tilt. Bastard.

P.S. sorry, I know nobody ever wants to hear badbeat stories but I hope to read this one day and hopefully present a period when I was able to minimise losses.

No comments: