Sunday, May 20, 2007

Pokerstars make impressive bid to be the third on the sacked list

Loss: $12

Attracted by an easy-to-do bonus and micro stakes pot limit Omaha (I'm wanting to expand my game) I signed up for Pokerstars later.

After about 30 hands of Omaha I was bored so I started playing on $10 no limit cash rooms. Pokerstars is another one of those weird sites that doesn't show the opponent's cards when both players have gone in. It does it after the river and it makes it incredibly annoying when you realise you got two-outered on the river.

That didn't happen today but these three hands did. All within the space of 500 hands.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1115733

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1115738

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1115745

Having the same hand (A4s) losing to straight flushes started to make me wonder if online poker can be rigged sometimes! As you can see from the quads hand, I was sensing something bad, especially after the two other crazy hands.

It could have been, and was for a while, much worse than this. I got a lot of decent starting hands but they never developed. Over 1,000 hands I had just six three of a kinds, one straight and four flushes.

I was stuck for $20 at one point before someone donked off $8 when he tried to bluff my full house.

I guess I should consider myself fortunate I wasn't down anymore than the amount I lost on those three killer hands. I could have tilted and did make one really silly bluff move, but other than that I kept my composure to ensure a minor flesh wound to the bankroll.

No comments: