Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nothing much to report

Profit: $34

Despite the success with the sit and gos I played last weekend, I went back to the cash rooms during the week. In truth I didn't play much at all and when I was playing I was surfing the internet and just waiting for big hands to come. One of them that finally got me some money was AAs. I didn't go all in but I did raise heavily before the flop and flopped a third Ace and doubled up from it.

Last night I did have a proper and more interesting session. I used poker tracker and poker ace to try and play beyond drawing hands (such as bluffing at flops with statistically tight players and calling loose cannons with marginals). I enjoyed it a lot more than recent sessions because I felt more involved in the game. I played well and was assisted quite nicely when my KKs flopped quads. I checked twice and then went all in on the river to represent a random bluff (it had been raised and reraised heavily pre-flop) and the other guy called with AQ and no pair.

Like I said, though, I didn't clock up more than three or four hours of play this week. To much uni work to do.

No comments: