Sunday, March 18, 2007

Now that's how you play Aces.

Loss: $22

I had three AAs today and went all in with all of them preflop. Everyone folded three times so I must have made about $2 on them today. Result!

Unfortunately the luck did not extend to my Ace high flush that ran into a king high straight flush. He made his flush on the flop while I made my flush on the turn. I can't remember if he hit his straight flush on the turn or river but either way we were both going to get all our money in the middle. That little escapade cost me $20 but I'm happy to put that down to variance - I'm never going to fold an A-high flush when the board hasn't paired. In the last three days I've run into quads, a straight flush and a Royal Flush and, bizarrely, I've only managed to get away from the least likely of them to appear.

I think I preferred it when my AAs were getting cracked every time!

No comments: