Friday, January 05, 2007

More gains, but for all the wrong reasons.

Ring Account: $121 (up $7)

I played for about 40 minutes in some micro stakes ring games and wasn't getting anywhere. I was about $4 down after going all in pre-flop with QQ to find myself up against KK - the table was three handed so that was just bad luck. What was annoying more however was that the tables filled up the moment I went in them. I can't stand full cash rooms as I've already said in my blogs. An ideal amount is 4-6 players for me but the site (888) doesn't support any.

The first chance I get I'm going to switch the money I have in here and play at Full Tilt as they have loads of 6 tabled small stakes cash rooms and it supports Poker Tracker that I'm still keen to get going - I know there are ad-hoc ways to get PT working with Pacific Poker but when I've tried it it's not worked. The trouble remains that the money in this 888 account is still on a massive bonus limit that I need to meet. I'm not sure how much more I have to wager but I know it's a lot (I've just found out its $300).

So the money is stuck in a site that I don't hate but would rather not play at. So, in my frustration, I joined a .25/.50 game where I hoped the table wouldn't fill. Now this is madness, having $50 on a table when usually I find it hard to plump up the courage to pay $13 for a Sit and Go. First hand I got AK, raised to $2 with one caller. Flop was AA6. With one caller who only had $6 left I was happy to let him catch up. He went all-in instead and I made the easy call. He showed QQ. The very next hand I got AKs. I called a $2 bet but so did two others to make a four-way pot. Now I wasn't about to chuck away my winnings on high cards AK so I checked, as so did everyone else right to the river. I shared the $8 pot with a fellow AK player.

I decided to quit there and then, mainly because I knew I was playing a little scared with the stakes so much higher than usual and partly because, as usual, the table had filled up. For some reason after that I played a 50 cent heads up game and won it. Strange thing to do but there you go.

So the recovery continues but I'm still not happy with my cash room play, mostly because I can't find suitable tables to play in.

No comments: