Friday, October 17, 2008

Team Event Victory But That's Yer Lot.

Just a quick update more than anything else (although my quick updates often do tend to turn into mini war-and-peace epics).

I haven’t played any poker at all with the exception of the Raise the River team event final last Sunday. I went into the 6-man SNG as the lowest ranked player to qualify, being third in the heat stage 6-man SNG, but somehow ended up winning it.

It’s a little bit more complicated than that. Since no players from one of the three teams had any representatives in the final (read the previous log for a more detailed explanation of the format), it was a three-on-three situation with points (1-6) being awarded for sixth to first place. Highest points tally wins.

Our team got off to a pretty slow start with captain cell and myself falling under the 1,000 chip mark. But our lady team-mate, Mair, was in no mood for pleasantries and crushed the table from about half an hour onwards. It’s what she does.

I think our team eliminated two of their players with some interesting bad beats. Can’t remember the one that dumped hammerhied out but Cadmunkey got a real dirty one when Cell’s KQ ran into Cad’s AJ and the board came KQK – how’s that for flopping someone stone-ass dead (or thereabouts)?

With all three of us still in and just Amatay left for the opposition we, as a team, were assured victory so I decided to suckout for once with my AQ cracking Amatay’s KK. Ace on the river, natch.

So with us three all from the same team left there wasn’t much to do but settle bragging rights for the win. I decided it might be a good idea to slap a filthy beat on Mair next so I got my money in pretty badly with AJ v 88 and whatever Cell had (he was short-stacked). Board came 10 9 10 9 X. See ya, Mair. Dispatched Cell after about 20 hands but only because I had a comfortable chip lead.

I would say from zero to hero but I was basically a lucky mother crusher and we split all the winnings from the event evenly anyway so I gained nothing extra from taking the SNG down. Who cares, eh?

I made about $20 from the event so I can’t complain.

I’m no nearer to going back to the cash table grind however and have thought about maybe playing some SNGs again or trying some of the MMMTs (which I’ve just dubbed as MicroMultiTableTournaments – 18, 27, 45 manners at Pokerstars etc). I don’t know if I can prize myself away from the lucrative loyalty deal I have with another site I usually play at though. And, to be honest, I just don’t feel like playing at all at the moment.

Like I said, though. I don’t honestly know when I’m going to start playing poker properly again. I’m enjoying my time off and can’t see what there is to go back to at the moment; it feels like just too much of a grind.

Speak to you all soon… fans!

P.S. Happy birthday to myself, or rather this blog. It’s two years old now. I’ve come along way since then…

…hang on. No I bloody haven’t!

No comments: