Sunday, February 22, 2009

When it's not worth fighting the apathy.

Loss: $52

Another whinge type post, sorry about that. I guess it can't be too encouraging and motivating to read my posts when they are usually about how unhappy I am about poker, but you know the saying: you've got to tastes the lows before you reach the highs.

The month of February has been a boring one for my poker. That's not a surprise when I continue to play the same style of games and the same limits over and over again. "Why don't you try something different?" I hear you cry. Well I would if I had the motivation and the interest but I just don't at the moment and I feel that if I am doing something different just for the sake of it, rather than for educational or entertainment value, there's not really much point in doing it. I'm almost certain to lose more money than I would just going through the normal poker motions at games and limits I'm used to and can at least get through by instinct more than anything else. As the blog title suggests, if I fought the apathy by doing something creative it could cost me a lot more than it currently is.

I'm down $50 this month which is perfectly acceptable since I went on a riot in January. I've dropped down to 10NL just until the bad form comes to a end (bad both in the sense I feel as if I am running bad and I'm not playing with any conviction) and when things pick up again I might move up again. It feels like (and it's always feel in poker, whether it's actually true or not is an entirely different question) that I'm getting three-outered a lot with hands like KQ v KJ for small-mid size pots. I flopped a straight with 10 8 the other day in an unraised pot. Unfortunately my oppo had the higher K 10 straight so I said goodbye to a stack. But I was hilosophical, said 'meh' and just moved on. The right poker attitude certainly, but it's not usually my attitude. It felt more like 'yeah, whatever' rather than 'that's variance'.

Generally speaking I'm just not bothered at the moment. Sorry, this was a rubbish post.

No comments: