Monday, April 07, 2008

Flush my money down the loo so break time.

Loss: $23

I recovered what I lost in the previous blog but them promptly gave it back. Just had a couple of sessions where I didn't think I could win any hands involving big pots and that seemed to be the case.

The hands were:

Overplayed Jacks - I very rarely go bust with Jacks and Queens so this have been due to frustration tilt.

Just Stuck with bad odds numbers - You flop a flush 0.89% of the time with suited hole cards. If he has a naked A of diamonds I'm in good shape. If he doesn't have the A of diamonds I'm in very good stakes. Still, his turn bet gave me information I chose to ignore.

Fairly standard I think - Although the swine did slow role me.

Misread his hand - I was almost certain he had trips as well with a worse kicker so that's I checked the turn. And since I had the A he was drawing to three outs, which obviously he hit. He'd done a very weird move of shoving me all in on a tiny pot a couple of hands previous so I thought he was a fish.

So all these were for full stacks which is quite unusual for me in 1.5k(ish) of hands. They were tough hands with some thin decisions but I don't think I played any of them optimally.

After these hands I decided to take a break. I'm not pissed off with these hands because I enjoyed a huge heater before and I'm still comfortably up from that. I think I'm suffering a bit from poker burnout. That's not all due to playing either. I've been putting so much time into the poker podcasts that I've just been thinking and doing poker solid for about two months.

So I haven't played a week and I've enjoyed my time off. I substituted my poker playing time by playing the truly awesome God of War II. I used to be a real gaming geek but haven't had time or the interest to play in recent years. But God of War (both PS2 games) are probably the most intense and enjoyable games I've played for years and years.

I've completed it now (only 15 hours of gameplay) so I'll be getting back to the tables soon.

No comments: