Monday, February 04, 2008

Return to Bodog. Full Tilt sacked (for a second time)

Loss: $6

I decided to try Bodog once again, just to see if the connection problems of before had gone. It turns out they now have 6-max 10nl games. Great I thought. So I went on and before I knew it I'd won two buy ins with a set holding up against a flush draw and winning various small pots. After just 60 minutes of play I thought I'd quit for once while being massively ahead. So that's what I did.

A couple of hours later I decided to play again but was lured to Full Tilt this time because they've just offered me a bonus. So I thought to myself: let's just multitable and grind for a few hours and earn the bonus and maybe a little more besides. No chance.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a winning session on that site. I played at the weekend, managed to get quads and a straight flush within three hands but STILL made a loss. Today was just as bad. Second best hand syndrome. Players either calling me or reraising. I suppose there is the argument that they could be outplaying me but I can't really see that at 10NL. I, of all poker players, should not subscribe to the idea that sites are rigged or that they have doomswitches and stuff but Full Tilt really does have a vendetta against me and it's the only site I've not made any cash room money at. I'm on an $80 down swing at the site at the moment at Full Tilt. Horrible.

Anyway, I was getting more and more frustrated when this hand came up. I raised with AQ and got reraised. I elected to call and got a flop of Q62 two clubs. He checked to me so I put out a bet and he raised.

At this point I was trying to put him on a hand and all I could think of was AK, JJ, 1010, 99 or a strong flush draw. I just couldn't work out what beat me other than aces or kings but I just didn't put him on them. It was his very first hand so I was kinda thinking he was a loose maniac so I repopped him all in. Naturally he called with 66. It's horrible really, both on my part and the cards' part. The shove was clear tilt by me while a low pocket pair reraises preflop to flop a set while I'll get my top pair top kicker is setting me up for a big fall. That's basically how Full Tilt seems to work with me.

How is that I can do so badly on one particular site? What ever the case I've elected to withdraw most of my roll from FT (again) leaving $50 incase I decide to play some SNGs there again. However, I've been on a bad run with them at Full Tilt too so who knows when I'll play there again. Over 12k of cash room hands at FT I've made $14. It's clearly not my site.

Another thing that annoyed be about today's sessions is that I played just an hour when I was doing well but two hours when I was doing badly. I'm always too eager to get even when I'm behind (although not by ultra tilt and going up a couple of levels – just long, boring grinding).

Again I'm only down a fraction of my bankroll but poker is really hard work yet again. The good times don't last long enough and the bad times always gnaw at my confidence. I thought I had learned something about value betting, avoiding bad spots, knowing when to fold, when to chase draws and so on but recently all these things have been put into question.

Why do I seem to go through cycles of crushing or getting crushed? There is no middle ground it seems. And now I'm waffling and moaning...

Good night.

No comments: