Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sometimes poker isn't very fun.

Loss: about $25

I've been going through another spell of nothing working at the moment so that's why I'm not blogging much because it's broken record material.

In summary I've only been getting action with the near nuts when the other guy has the nuts(e.g. getting having the 10 on a 5510X5 board against an aggressive pusher but, on this occasion, had the 5... having 44 and making a c/bet on a 932 board, turn brings a 4 and I get the money in only to find the other player had 99) or having the nuts and getting no action.

I've tried going into each session saying to myself "really concentrate and make notes and play aggressive" but it only take one cooler hand like the above to set me into defensive passive mode.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still following the poker scene and enjoying the return of Joe Sebok and crew at pokerroad.com, but my own poker seemed to hit a road block this summer and hasn't moved since.

May take an extended break from the blogging. But, as any poker enthusiasts knows (who isn't busto), I'll be back.

1 comment:

portdeco20 said...

you have been tagged ;)