Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blogger tourney and crap sites

PROFIT: $5

I am no longer registered in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker because I had 87 and flopped 6910 with two diamonds. One player bet, another raised so I shoved for 11,000 chips (started with 10,000 with 25/50 blinds). One player called with 85 diamonds and two more diamonds came on turn and river. I probably should have just called the raise in case a diamond rolled off or the board paired. The blinds were only 50/100 so I didn't really need to make a move. But I was the favourite with a chance of getting 25k. I was watching Top Gear too so I wasn't really paying attention.

This is why I rarely ever play MTT because I never get very far in them. I've not been running good enough to go deep in a tournament like that. In fact, I haven't cashed in an MTT for a year - and that was when I won a $2 rebuy event without rebuying.

Poker's been pretty lame in general to be honest. I've not been playing much and when I have I've been general card dead. I occasional win a big pot when I flop a set or somebody goes all in when I have aces, but I'm not playing interesting pots. A lot of the time I raise preflop, make a continuation bet when I miss the flop completely, get called and then my opponent shoves all in on the turn. The flip side is when I flop a monster with 17 people in the pot and they all fold to my continuation bet. It's just boring basically.

I'm not being helped by the sites I play at at the moment either. My connection always cuts out on BODOG so I've withdrawn all my money from there. The new software on 888 is absolutely terrible so I went back to the old software which has been fine. But today I've gone only to find a handful of 5/10 cents games which are full with 30+ people waiting to get on them. Weird.

I tried Betfair and did ok on there, but again the software is poor. The Cashier is web-based which makes it difficult to access finances instantly. Also, the table do auto pop-up which is really annoying. When I turned that off I kept missing hands on other tables. I've sacked it off.

My options are to put some money back in Pokerstars but when I've played there I've suffered crazy beats - I had two A-high flushes walk into straight flushes and a full house get nailed by quads within the space of 100 hands. I also hate the way that when you go all in in cash rooms the opponent's cards aren't turned over until the end of the hand. Also the software feels clunky and primitive. But this is the biggest poker site so, I assume, it has the most fish. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

2 comments:

gniz said...

I think most of these sites are legit and weird bad beats just happen if one plays enough hands.

Your blog inspires me, if anything more so when i see you continue to move forward during the tough times...

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yep, Gniz makes a good point. You play with an inspired determination mate. Keep it up!