Monday, July 02, 2007

Some poker, but not loads.

Profit: $42


I'm still not really in the mood for poker I have to admit. The grinding that I've been doing for the past couple of months seems to have taken its toll on my enthusiasm for playing. That and a horrible June.



When you look at it it's really not that bad to be honest. It's very spikey, suggesting I played a lot of big pots. But I only played 3.5k hands because I was just getting really bored and frustrated at a lack of progress - especially compared to last month when I made $200(ish). The total for June was -$30 - the extra loses not shown here were probably on Bodog.



This is the first month I've actually made a loss since the start of the year. My figures current read as:

Jan: -$7.94
Feb: $87.30
Mar: $127.20
Apr: $112.10
May: $180.00
June: -$32.50

So the year stands at a profit of: $471.16

I suppose you could say that I'm probably doing better than some professionals this year (in the sense I've made a profit:)

As stated at the start of the year, my goal is to make $1,000 profit and that remains my goal. Had it not been for June being a washout (in more ways than one) I'll probably be ahead on the race. Instead I'm slightly behind. AK v QQ I guess.

I'm starting to play more and more in $25 rooms which is good. So far I haven't been stacked, but I don't think I've stacked anyone else either. It's as though I've been easing myself into the stake level without any dramas. I am getting a little fed up with 888 (pacific) now though. Table selection is getting so hard because so many rooms are fast tables. I tried what looked to be a juicy one a couple of days again and I think this hand sums them up.


http://www.pokerhand.org/?1228251


The guy who shoved after the flop was a wild maniac. Vpip around 75% and he'd already lost quite a bit. He insta-shoved too which should have helped me with my read. I only had 10 seconds to think though and I just folded, really annoyed that I didn't get enough time to make the call which I should and probably would have done (to be fair I probably should have re-raised preflop but it was on of those days where I kept getting outflopped).


So I'm looking at other sites again. As I've said already though, I seem to be a complete failure on other sites so I haven't got a clue what I'll do. I bet I probably end up playing no poker at all again.


Ho-hum.

1 comment:

portdeco20 said...

want to do a link swap?