Friday, June 01, 2007

A month in review.

Profit: $39

And it's been a very good month. The figures I've been putting into poker tourney tracker tell me I've made a profit of $189. To say I've been playing almost exclusively in $10 rooms I'd say that's pretty impressive - I've been basically winning a buyin every other day.

Poker graph displays the following march up the mountain:




The first wobble is from when I went card dead and maybe slightly tilty, and the second wobble is when I tried my luck in pokerstars and had two A high flushes walk into nut flushes - I've withdrawn all but $7 from there and will have a stab at some cheap SNGs when I can be bothered.

In general, though why have I made so much money? Well, I think the cards have been running solidly. An example of this can be seen in this hand:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1139181

I think I've also been getting close to the maximum value of my hands. Whether this is because other people are getting large parts of the board as well, or I'm making the right sort of plays and bets to get people to call me I'm not sure. I'd like to think it's the latter because my profits have been growing progressively over the last four months.

I don't think it's just the cards running well though. I've run into quads about four times this month as well as the two redonkulous (listen to pokerwire - http://www.pokerwire.com) straight flush hands. I also had this hand a couple of days ago where I could have lost an entire stack.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1139205

Instead, by realising the passive/weak way I'd played it and taking a read of the situation, I lost just $1.20. It's reaching a stage now where situations are repeating themselves enough for me to be able to make the optimum play according to the way I play and how my opponents play. Other than being stacked when I had QJ and the board came 4JJ (and the other guy had 44) on a Pokerstars room I cannot remember the last time I actually lost an entire stack.

Other stats have improved as well. By playing position a lot more my total utg losses have shrunk from about $25 to $5. I'm still making a profit in the small blind ($5) too - I didn't think it were possible to make a profit from that position. My decision to go ultra tight on AJ hands has worked too. AJs is showing a total loss of $8 (as opposed to $20 before) and AJo is now dead level (+10$ loss before).










The skyscrapers continue to rise and there ain't much sinking (33 is showing the most loss because it ran into a set over set situation).

The BB rate per 100 hands in $10 cash rooms has risen from 7 to 11.5 over the past month or so.

And let's not forget the live poker success too - £13 profit from my first two visits is better than a slap in the face.

All I can do is ask for more of the same in June, but we all know what poker is like. Also this month I need to remember to have a stab at winning a WSOP seat. I'm trying to find the cheapest buyin for my shot at the $15 million (or whatever) first first prize. It's what dreams are made of - ahem.

No comments: