Saturday, March 03, 2007

The old habit that crushes me.

$50 loss.

I had got all the money in with QQ v 69 with river to come. River is 6 for trips ($16 loss)
Reraised AA preflop called. Flop 889. Get all the money. He has J8 ($10 loss)
AK, flop give me tptk. Bet called. I bet, raised, I reraise all in. Called with inside straight draw on the turn (paid him off for $10 loss)
KK, make four strong bets. Guy calls down and then raises on river. Paid him off as he shows Q9 which two paired on the turn (paid him off for $8 loss)
I make a straight on the turn. Other guy has short stack so I slow play to get all the money by just calling his bet. River gives him a better straight ($4 loss).

Full Tilt has been pushing me with a lot of difficult decisions lately and I've been having fold off a lot of money. Today I cracked. AA, KK, KK, AK all lost on boards that just got me into trouble. Some bad tilting and paying off cost me maybe half of this money.

I'm starting to think that there's just no money to be made in cash rooms. Certainly not with my style of play.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Jim said...

It's a sad fact of life that aces do get cracked from time to time. Even Jack-Eight is going to suck out 16% of the time. You have to take the long term view and not let it drive to tilt. You just have to be glad the donks are calling your preflop raises with garbage like J8. Over the long run this will make for a huge profit.

You will have bad days where nothing goes right (some days I swear I'm never playing again). You just have to accept the variance, and not make it worse by tilting. This is a lot easier said than done, so if you still must let it out somehow, just open up a 0.01/0.02 table and tilt away. It's catharsis on the cheap.