Sunday, February 04, 2007

Continued success.

$40 profit (approx)

After watching a couple more videos yesterday and this morning I hit the digital felt again and hit it hard.

Playing in 888 rooms I stacked two players. Again I was patient. In one room I had top pair, average kicker against a maniac. I called about $1.50 worth of bets before mucking on his big turn bet. But all the while I was making notes, one being 'trap if possible'. I picked up 107, called a min raise and flopped a double belly buster. I made a bet of $0.40 and was called by the maniac. A King came to give me a straight. I made a standard pot bet and was raised to $4. He hadn't raised pre-flop so I didn't put him on A10. I punched back with an all in raise and he called, showing A6, an outright bluff. My hand held up for about $10 there. I'd also made $4 on another hand flopping two pair.

In another room I got the rockets, reraised the utg from $0.40 to $1.10, three people called! Flop came 2104 with two spades. The bets came $0.10, raised to $0.20, raised to $0.60. I didn't consider any real sign of strength (a set would have probably pushed with so much in the pot) so I jacked it up to $4 (80% of pot) to see who was serious. One caller. Pot now $12. Turn a king of spades. Not a good card but it did give me the nut flush draw. I decided to gamble and shoved the rest in, about $5. He called and showed A10 and I took down $11 profit there. I'm not sure whether or not I played this correctly. Probably a bit cavalier once the turn came, especially with a king and a third spade but it worked out for me.

What I have been learning in these recent sessions is the power of top pair; both when to fold it and when to know when your opponent might have it. Players at this level have a really hard time folding it so if you can see some showdowns where they're playing top pair from the flop then make a note.

After 888 I moved onto bodog. Made a quick $5 in cash rooms before playing three $2 sng rooms. I've recorded them so I'm going to send it to pokerbay when I have time. I made the money in all of them but only just so I made about $0.40 from them in total. lol.

Following a break I played some more at bodog with the intent to record some cash room action. I found myself making some horrible plays though. I pushed all in with A6 (top pair) and a short stack showed AQ and there was another hand involving AJ V AK with an A on the flop. Those two idiotic plays cost me about $10. Despite that I rallied well, picked off some calling stations and ended up $8 in profit from that session as well.

So the mantra is the same. Play tight, don't pay anyone off on the turn or river, and make bets that cause opponents to make mistakes. It's netted me $60 this weekend.

The cards have run quite well this weekend too, except for the sngs, I guess you'll see that in the video.

1 comment:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

What's it like at 888 now there are no US players? I've never failed to win there because the play is so horrific it is untrue but the software is shockingly bad and slow. have they managed to speed it up any?