Saturday, January 13, 2007

Now, back to some poker. A Royal Flush no less.

Ring Account: $106 ($1 Profit)

I've got some more video sessions recorded but until I can find a better way to host them it may be sometime before they appear, I'll keep you posted.

I managed to hit my first ever Royal Flush today. I had the 310d. Hit a flush on the turn and then a forth diamond came on the river. I was quite annoyed at that point because I was thinking I might be beat with a four card flush. The board had also paired giving the potential of a full house. I was the first to act so I thought, 'right, what can beat me' and I suddenly realised that the AKQJ of diamonds was already out there. Hurrah! Sadly I didn't get any money out of that.

I played two sic-handed SnGs on my ring account (888) and got them both down to three-handed. These were both rooms where you get $6 for coming 3rd (on $5.50 buyins) so I was happy to play a little loose, but still play the cards at the right time. In one room I raised with AK, missed the flop and was put all in. I'd put about a third of my chips in on the raise but I folded showing good discipline. I played well and got back to 2700 chips. One guy then went all in for about the third time in a row so I called with A10. He showed A6 and rivered a straight. Bollocks.

Then in the second room I had QQ, went all in and was called by K3 who rivered his K. I then went all in again short stacked with 22 (had 1000 chips with blinds at 400/200) and was called by the same person with K4. He flopped a 4.

I played good poker in both rooms, went all in with dominating hands twice and lost twice. That's why I show a $1 profit instead of potentially a lot more and why I quit after two games because they really pissed me off. I need to start making some money again. That will boost my confidence as much as playing good poker will.

No comments: