Monday, December 18, 2006

Track Your Winnings

I'm told that it's important to keep track of your poker winnings (and, indeed, losses) so I've been looking around for a suitable program to record as much poker related information as I can.

I've heard of the fabled Poker Tracker software and it looks like an awesome piece of software. Sadly at the moment it doesn't support the two sites that I play on (Bodog and 888). When it does I'll start using it because I really want to know more information about specific hands I play and the like.

In the meantime I'm using a lovely little diddy called Poker Tourney Tracker. It's a free program that you can get at http://www.pokertourneytracker.net/.



















It's really easy to use, provides some interesting information about your bankroll progress and is a good way to make little notes about your games.

It's designed to be used for SNGs and MTTs and there's no proper way to input cash room data - although I've done it anyway using the 'live tournament' tab.

I took the picture from the website (I'm sure the author won't mind, I'm advertising his product afterall). I do have details of my personal stats though.

Sit and Go
Total Buy-Ins: ($ 174.60)
Total Gains: $ 251.25
Net Gains: $ 76.6
In The Money: 67.6%
Return On Investment: 43.9% ROI
Games played: 37
Hours played: 19.0 h
Hourly: $ 4.04

The figures look good, especially my ROI. I guess this is because I've been playing in rooms where getting into the money is quite easy. The problem, of course, is my net gains and hourly rate. I could never make a living out of this.

My cash rooms statistics area little silly because I have to record them as SNGs. I put the buy in as the amount I put on the table, even though I may gamble with more or less money:

Total Buy-Ins: ($ 586.50)
Total Gains: $ 668.36
Net Gains: $ 81.86
ROI: 14.0% ROI
Hours played: 13.5 h
Hourly: $ 6.06

I suppose my hourly rate is better in these because I play higher stakes (.10/.25) but the potential of big swings can quickly change that figure.

I like tourney tracker because it's so easy to use (literally takes 20 second to put in your results and that's it) but if anyone knows of anything better then by all means suggest it.

No comments: