Monday, December 11, 2006

The tightest game ever?

SnG: $287 (down $5)
Cash: $110


I was playing in a 10ppl SNG today. I did well early on and got to about 1,500 without too many problems. But then, after about 40 minutes of no cards, the blinds were up to 100 and only one person was out.

Amazingly this seemed to tighten up the table even more. Everyone was folding and I mean everyone. Eventually got a couple of hand and went all in with them only for my opponents to fold. With about 2,500 I decided that enough was enough and went on the offensive. I raised the BB and then put in a bet that would see him fold if he'd missed the ragged flop. He went all in - I put him on aces, must have had em.

So the game carried on for another 15 minutes. I had one other hand and A8, I wished I'd at least called with this because the flop came AK8 but, alas, I folded on the button; I knew at that point that this game had messed with my normal play. Eventually the blinds reached 500 with seven players still in. Two quickly fell to get me into the money (well $8 back from a $8.80 room) and then I went out on the next hand when my BB got raised and I pushed with what little of my stack left. But seven people after 70 hands of poker and 500 big blinds, I've never seen that before.

I played some ring games after and was just as cold in those rooms. No big loses, just seeing flops and calling post-flop with draws and hitting nothing. I'll put this down to a day when I minimised my losses.

No comments: